Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Big Trip, Part IIIb - Spain

Ian and I went out to the local beach early this morning (he woke me up!) and we had some fun running around, climbing rocks, watching the surf, and of course taking photos. The photo below is of Playa Moraig. As you can see, this is not a sandy beach but a pebble/rock beach.

I brought my tripod and grabbed a photo of me and Ian together. This was Ian's favorite rock to climb on and over, as well as his favorite perch to watch the waves.

For our family entertainment, we decided on Guadalest and Algar del Fuentes. Guadalest is a tiny village (population less than 200 according to what I saw somewhere) in the mountains near Benitachell where we are staying. It was about an hour drive through the mountains - and what a drive! I enjoyed the drive, but Catherine's tummy certainly did not. It was a long drive for her, poor thing. The castle that is left there, as well as the terracing is from the Moors (or should I say "Moops"? 5 points to whoever can tell me what that is from!) - which Catherine tells me were built in the 1100's.

Ian and Leah had a nice time touring the castle and the area surrounding it. We took a "tour" of a very nice house built into the castle walls. The photo below is of the kids on our tour.

And finally, just outside the castle was a fun rock for the kids to climb.

It was a big day today, but fun. We are planning to stay home tomorrow and swim in the heated pool - just relax.

I hope all is well out there.

Marc


No comments: