Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snow in Thallichtenberg

We've been having a ton of snow the past couple of weeks. It started right before we left for England, and hasn't really let up since. We missed a big storm while on vacation, but we've made up for it since.

As much as I love the snow, I hate to shovel. I don't know where Ian and Leah get it, but they love to shovel (or as they do here in Germany, sweep) the snow.


While I was out front shoveling our gi-normous driveway, the kids were out back cleaning the snow off the mini-garage. Yes, I know Leah's jacket is filthy - she and Ian both love to drag themselves along the cars. Today's wash will be her jacket's fourth or fifth (I've lost count) since the start of snowy season here.


Even in Germany, Ian is a fan. Go Pack!


After I was done, I walked through our village and up the hill to the castle. This isn't our street, but ours wasn't much better off. Thankfully the Burgblick Hotel has a 4-wheeler with a snow plow attachment. If that guy didn't plow our street, it wouldn't get plowed at all!


Finally, just a little wagon in a field that I came across on my walk up to the castle.


Hopefully everyone is staying warm! We are - good ol' hot chocolate for the kids, Gluhwein for the big kids (well, me anyways). Cheers!

Marc

No comments: